Thank you Lorelie for the comment you left about my 3-d rose.
I have been looking really closely at the construction of Corded Detached Buttonhole needlelace for about 18 months. I finally managed to establish how to produce even-shaping for shapes without a Cordonnet. The results are quite unlike those produced by simply staggering the rows.
It was indeed fun to experiment with different weight threads and see how they go together. These cocktail mixes of threads from Tentakulum are quite interresting. But they have been designed from a fibre artists perspective and are not all useable for "normal" stitching.
Lorelei, thank you for commenting on my simple Reticello needlecase. Because I did that one simple piece (in an EGA seminar), I know how difficult it can be to complete the beautiful, intricate corner piece you recently did. I love your hardanger pieces! Since I have joined Stitchin fingers, I have been inspired to pick up some hardanger from my stash (from years ago), and work on it.
Lorelei - yes I will be creating a page but since TAST is run from Pintangle it will be on Pintangle. (All my challenges have info pages on Pintangle) There are a few reasons for this. Many people who do TAST are not at all involved in stitchin fingers at all. All the challenges I run have been from the blog and many bloggers dont want to have to join another social network. Just like the flickr group is an offshoot of the challenge so is the TAST group here.
Hi. Lorelei. I saw your recent comment in my Picasa Album. Thank you. I think I've done great advances. I've been practicing and I can tell you that the subsequent motifs are better. The practice does the master. I'm very happy to achieve this beautiful technique of reticella. I'm still working in it. The internet have been a great help: the better teachers are there. You're one of them. A kiss from Mexico.
Hi Lorelei! Thanks for your kind words on my hydrangeas :)
I do the hydrangeas using all th six-ply DMC cotton and not pushing the knots too much and do lots of french knots in a little bit of fabric and then others over them. Then I do separately another hygrangea in a little bit of linen making a kind of ball and attach it to the little pillow.