This is my first attempt at crazy quilting. I figured something relatively small would be better to start with than a quilt for my king sized bed. I see lots of mistakes and other things I'll do differently next time. Overall, however, I am pleased with it and I do see improvement as I go along. I'm about half way done with the embroidery.
My first mistake was not to use a foundation fabric. Since the pieces are cut at all angles, some of them are enough on the bias to be quite stretchy. Mistake #2 was not getting a stretcher frame for embroidering. I did try to use a hoop, but I have too many beads, and bullion and French knots, and it didn't work. You'll definitely see some tension problems. These are two things I will definitely correct for the next CQ project.
Read more » This link will send you to the original post because I'm too tired to redo all the pictures (38 or 39 of them) so you can see them here. If you want to comment, either blog is fine.
Add a Comment