At the beginning of 2008 I decided that I wanted to take embroidery up as a more serious hobby.
I zeroed in on Elizabethan embroidery, and had already done a little stumpwork.
So I decided to do a piece that was like nothing either era had ever produced and practice a wide a variety of techniques from the 16th and 17th centuries as possible.
I have hung all the motifs from a vinework frame, rather than doing a spot sampler.
The development of the sampler is detailed in my blog. It's half way through as of June 2009.
It will be a wall hanging when it's finished. I think it'll take about another 6 months.
Add a Comment