It's a nice one. I like the colour.
To upload photos click on the right sign with the little circle in the middle. There you can upload photos in the group. Or start a new album and upload the photo there.
A really nice design. You've got a lot of the basics in it: moving from kloster block to block horizontally and diagonally, satin stitch motifs, and Holbein stitch.
You've used a medium dark color for the piece, but it looks good. When I tried using a medium dark color, mine just came out muddy looking with the design indistinct. The only reason I can see for my problem is that my piece had a lot of stitching in a small space, but yours has considerable empty cloth between the parts. The choice seems to be what makes it work. Well done.
I just finished this today. It is my first try at the lacy edge, and the filling in the central motifs. As I was just about to start the last of the 8 motifs I started cutting. After making 3 cuts I realized I had just cut it as if I was making a more normal filling. The LAST MOTIF! argh. I tried to reweave it using threads from the fabric. Mosly the repair isn't visible. If I just frame it, it will be safe enough. But every time I look at it, I'll remember the flaw.
Nice to hear from you. Our group has been quiet for some time. In doing the lacy edge I followed Yvette's suggestions in her book, but it would be helpful to learn how you would do it. It took me a while to figure out how I would know which threads to cut as I opened up areas to needleweave. The obvious solution took me a while to discover: cut the threads at the bottom of a kloster block. Do that for 2 or 3 neighboring block areas, then delicately unweave. It is hard to say this in words.