Have you ever done some stitching that seemed to be going great, then realised you had done it all wrong? A most frustrating experience, to put it mildly.
I have attached a picture of my hardanger piece, after I have started to fix my mistake. It shows one triangle still wrong, and one triangle all fixed.
What I did, was to stitch kloster blocks everywhere within the triangle, instead of just around the edge. Then cut away each tiny square, then found there was nowhere to do the needle-weaving. It was at that point I realised what I had done. Duh!
So I had to really carefully unpick all the kloster blocks, including the ones that were actually right, because I had stitched on the diagonal and not right around the edge first. Of course, then the cut ends were really unstable, and so re-stitching was a very gentle, time-consuming process. But it does seem to have worked.
Blogged at: http://pinsneedles.wordpress.com/