Do you recognize this?

It is a free project from "Stitch" from some years ago, It was previously published on the website of the Embroiderers Guild.
The project isn't there anymore, but fortunately I saved it to my computer. You can view and download the instructions here:  encrusting calico.
We, Deb and Marjolein, have admired that project ever since. Now we have decided to rush into this "Pebble Adventure".
Does anyone want to join us? We can share pictures and experiences here or provide links to blogs or flickr.

Tags: embroidery, encrusted, pebble, threedimensional

Views: 10390

Replies to This Discussion

I think this is so gorgeous!  I too have a lot of commitments this year.  Wondering what sort of commitment this might entail?  Or, we just go at our on pace?

What a brilliant idea! Would love to have a go at this. Is there a time limit?

I admired these when they first came out, I'd love to have a go

There is no time limit. Deb and I also have also lots of things going on. We are crazy to start another project.

Last year I promised myself not to start another project, and what did I do? I joined TAST and CQJP, started a pink crazy quilt and came up with this Pebble Adventure.

How exciting!  While taming my Feral Shash I came upon some blackworked goldfish (Another UFO!) I have the fish all but completed this past weekend.   I wondered do I frame these 4 fish individually or  emboider a turtle in the center..   Now I see what I can do.. I have tried encrusting, it is not something which takes time but it Gives and gives! 

Yet the turtle still calls to me, It was simply done, a running stitch mainly , the turtle has a map of the world on it's back...  ( free Coloring Book Page )here is a very fine line between my crafting and my insanity!    ~~Sandra ♥

this looks like fun..I would like to join you.   I am new to group stitching and not sure of the protocols and committments required. I believe it will be a great learning experience for me but  I may have difficulty containing myself to a pebble.  

This looks like a fun adventure! If I can find some time, I give it a try.

Sounds like a lot of fun... Considering jumping off the dock with y'all. :) 

Hi everyone,  I am new to this adventure but it does look intriguing.  I have limited skills in embroidery but I am willing to learn.  I would love to give it a try.

This is sooo cute. If I just would have the time I'd join in. Clever idea.

It looks like fun!  I've added it to my "what I'd like to be doing" list.  That means it will go into an available frame, but doesn't necessarily mean it will get more than sporadic attention.  I will be watching what goes on here, though.  Can't wait to see what everyone else creates.

Donna with this emboidery no one makes mistakes! Everything is related to Artistic Process!  ♥

Donna Abrams said:

Hi everyone,  I am new to this adventure but it does look intriguing.  I have limited skills in embroidery but I am willing to learn.  I would love to give it a try.

RSS

Translate this site

Site Sponsors

Online Quilting Classes

© 2014   Created by Mary Corbet.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service